for the Liebster Award. I thought that that was only for WordPress, but apparently I was wrong. Yay!
The Rules: 1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers
or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Wow. I’ve never won an award, and it’s nice to be noticed. Thanks so much, Nuzaifa @ Say It With Books! Check that blog out!
Every day on my book review blog, infrequently on my other blogs.
- What book did everyone like and you hated?
It depends how you define “everyone”. I know The Art of Fielding was a really popular adult book in 2011; it was voted one of the Top 10 in the year by The New York Times, etc. But I really didn’t like it. At all.
- What are 5 items you never leave home without?
My water bottle. Gum. Chapstick. A jacket. Sorry to be so boring, but there it is. And a book, usually.
- Is there a particular movie or TV series you preferred over the book version?
Nope, not really. But I did love BBC’s 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice.
- Favorite holiday destination?
I would love to go to Sri Lanka, though my enthusiasm for it has waned somewhat in the past year or so. Italy would probably be second.
- Have you read a book you would like to rewrite the ending of?
I’m sure I have, but I can’t recollect it right now.
- What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
Ooh, good question. It reminds me of Forgotten Bookmarks. I’ve found a dollar in a book before, but that’s not really that strange. My favorite thing is when I’m reading a used book or a book from the library and I find a bookmark from the previous reader. Those are always interesting.
HATE. Though to be fair, I’ve never actually read the books or seen the movies, mainly because junk like that isn’t worth my time. (At least, I think it’s junk). But seriously, if a guy tells you he’s dangerous and might hurt you, you should run the other way. However, I get that some people like it.
- Any “required reading” you hated in high school?
I’m not in high school yet, so I’ll let you know when I am. 😉
- Which book do you keep telling yourself to read, but you probably won’t?
Lost Memory of Skin by Russell Banks. I loved Cloudsplitter and The Darling, but I’m not sure that I’ll actually get around to reading this one.
Time for 11 Random Facts!
- I love dark chocolate, peach rings, and gummie bears.
- I also love root beer, ginger beer, and sparkling cider.
- I’ve been bitten by a zebra (though not in Africa, in the Beijing Zoo).
- I have a lovely Bengal cat named Athena.
- I love the Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
- I’ve been to China, the US (obviously), Canada, France, England, and Japan (if changing in airports counts).
- My favorite color is blue.
- I love Jane Austen.
- My favorite piece is Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto. I love classical music in general.
- I was born in New York City, though now I live all the way on the other side of the country.
- I read about a book a day.
Questions for My Nominees:
1. When you read a book, what point of view do you like most (first person, third person etc)?
2. Chocolate or vanilla?
3. What is a charitable cause you stand behind?
4. Who is your favorite book character?
5. What is your worst pet peeve?
6. How long have you been blogging?
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. Who are you most like – Jane, Lizzy, Mary, Kitty, or Lydia Bennet?
9. Jane Austen or Charles Dickens?
10. What is your absolute favorite genre?
11. What’s the best movie you’ve seen recently?
And I’m nominating:
If you’ll notice, 1 does not equal 11. The problem is, I don’t follow that many blogs with less than 200 followers. And I don’t want to spend hours searching for the many worthy blogs out there. So I’ll nominate blogs if I find them. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
I’ve nominated another blog!